Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Aktuelle Zeit: 22 Mär 2019, 00:23

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: What IS important is for every young girl
BeitragVerfasst: 14 Mär 2019, 04:02 

DETROIT (AP) — On another fruitless night for their power play Womens Jared McCann Jersey , the Washington Capitals needed scoring from some unlikely sources.Michal Kempny and Travis Boyd scored in the third period, and the Capitals snapped their three-game losing streak with a 3-2 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday night. Kempny’s winner came with 3:52 remaining. It was his fifth goal of the season, and Boyd scored his fourth.“Through the first two, it was a slow and sloppy game,” Boyd said. “We came together here in between the second and the third and just said if we put together 20 good minutes here, we could walk away with the win. We were able to do that.”Tom Wilson also scored for the Capitals, who improved to 9-0-2 in their last 11 games against Detroit. Anthony Mantha and Filip Hronek scored for the Red Wings.The Capitals trailed 2-1 heading into the final period, but Boyd tied it off a pass from Alex Ovechkin. Goalie Jimmy Howard nearly made the save sliding from right to left Jonathan Huberdeau Jersey , but the puck made it through.Kempny’s winner came on a wrist shot from the blue line that sailed through traffic and past Howard. The shot appeared to take a deflection off Detroit’s Tyler Bertuzzi, who was trying to pressure Kempny.“We felt like our forwards were really fighting hard to get to the front of the net, and we didn’t deliver enough pucks there. That was the message in between the second and third,” Capitals coach Todd Reirden said. “We were able to convert on that after.”The Capitals won the Stanley Cup last season on the strength of a dynamic power play, but that unit is now 1 for 31 over the past 10 games after four more empty opportunities Sunday. Detroit wasn’t any better, though. The Red Wings were 0 for 3 and were unable to convert after T.J. Oshie took a penalty with 2:47 left in regulation.Detroit is 1 for 20 on the power play in its past eight games.“When you get a power play, everyone gets excited because you’ve got a chance to change the game,” Mantha said. “When you don’t do anything http://www.floridapanthersteamshops.com/authentic-keith-yandle-jersey , it takes away all of your momentum.”Washington opened the scoring when Wilson scored after a scramble in front of the net. Evgeny Kuznetsov was able to control the puck and made a slick pass to Wilson, who scored from a sharp angle.Mantha, in his second game back from a broken hand, was impressive throughout the first, and he tied the game with an unassisted goal with 5:52 left in the period. Mantha stole the puck at the Washington blue line, skated in and beat goalie Braden Holtby with a backhander between the pads.Hronek put the Red Wings ahead in the second when he redirected a nice pass from Dylan Larkin past Holtby.“For us to win games against a team like that, you either have to play mistake-free hockey, score a lot of goals or win the special teams battles Womens Authentic Nick Bjugstad Jersey ,” Detroit coach Jeff Blashill said. “We didn’t do that tonight. Our kill was outstanding, but the power play isn’t good enough.”NOTES: Wilson, who began the season on a lengthy suspension for a hit during the preseason, now has 12 goals in 22 games. His career high is 14. … Detroit was without F Michael Rasmussen. Blashill said he has a lower-body injury and will likely miss at least one more game.UP NEXTCapitals: Host Philadelphia on Tuesday night.Red Wings: Host Montreal on Tuesday night. Women’s hockey star Kendall Coyne Schofield said Thursday she doesn’t believe NBC Sports analyst Pierre McGuire questioned her knowledge of the sport during an awkward pre-game interaction this week.McGuire was criticized on social media for the situation that occurred during Wednesday night’s game in Pittsburgh between the Penguins and the Tampa Bay Lightning. During the broadcast on NBC Sports Network, the two were near the ice and he told Coyne Schofield which benches the teams were on and noted the network was paying her to be an analyst, not a fan.In a statement provided by NBC Sports to The Associated Press, McGuire said: “We were all thrilled to have her join our coverage last night, but at times my excitement got the better of me and I should have chosen my words better. I have the utmost respect for Kendall as a world-class player Roberto Luongo Jersey , analyst of the game and role model.”McGuire has been calling women’s hockey games for more than 15 years, including several Olympics.In a statement posted to her Twitter account, Coyne Schofield said she has known McGuire for years and she knows he respects her “as a hockey player, a woman and a friend” and she didn’t think twice about the situation when it happened. After watching the segment on video, Coyne Schofield said, she understands why people would think it was inappropriate and would have been offended if she saw a man say that to a female athlete.“While I wish it came out differently, I know Pierre doesn’t question my hockey knowledge,” she wrote.Coyne Schofield also said she knows McGuire was excited for her.“What IS important is for every young girl reading this to know it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks of my hockey knowledge — because I do not doubt my hockey knowledge http://www.floridapanthersteamshops.com/authentic-vincent-trocheck-jersey ,” she wrote.Coyne Schofield, an Illinois native who is on the Minnesota Whitecaps roster in the NWHL, won a gold medal playing for the U.S. at the 2018 Olympics and a silver medal four years earlier. She was one of the biggest stars of NHL All-Star Weekend as she wowed in replacing Colorado’s Nathan MacKinnon in the fastest skater competition.Agent Kevin Magnuson said Coyne Schofield wanted her statement to stand without further comment.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]