Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Aktuelle Zeit: 17 Nov 2018, 15:17

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: I think Reuben's done a great
BeitragVerfasst: 20 Aug 2018, 04:55 

The Latest on NBA Free Agency (all times EDT):

7:40 p.m.

Zaza Pachulia is signing a one-year Will Dissly Jersey Seahawks , $2.4 million contract with the Detroit Pistons.

A person familiar with the terms confirmed the deal to The Associated Press on Sunday. The person confirmed it on terms of anonymity because the Pistons had not announced the signing.

Pachulia was with the Golden State Warriors in each of the last two seasons, winning championships both years and starting 127 of a possible 164 regular-season games. Detroit becomes the sixth team for the 34-year-old center, a career 6.9-point-per-game scorer. The Pistons waived center Eric Moreland earlier Sunday, presumably the precursor to the Pachulia signing.

– Reporting by AP Basketball Writer Tim Reynolds in Las Vegas.

5:10 p.m.

Brook Lopez has agreed to a one-year, $3.5 million contract with the Milwaukee Bucks.

A person familiar with the negotiations confirmed the terms to The Associated Press on Sunday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal has not been announced by the Bucks.

The 30-year-old Lopez is going into his 11th NBA season. He averaged 13 points per game last season for the Los Angeles Lakers, and has averaged 17.9 points over his career.

– Reporting by AP Basketball Writer Tim Reynolds in Las Vegas.

2 p.m.

Zach LaVine is staying with the Chicago Bulls, after the team matched a four-year, $80 million offer sheet that he got from the Sacramento Kings.

The Bulls made the announcement Sunday, two days after the Kings and LaVine agreed to the offer terms. LaVine was a restricted free agent Cheap Mason Cole Jersey , which meant the Bulls had right of first refusal. It was expected that the Bulls would match, and now they have.

LaVine has missed 91 of a possible 162 games over the past two seasons because of injuries, and the Bulls will have some language in this contract protecting them if his surgically repaired left knee remains problematic. He appeared in only 24 games for the Bulls last season, averaging 16.7 points on 38 percent shooting.

”Zach showed a relentless work ethic in rehabbing his ACL injury to return to the court, and he has a visible passion for the game of basketball,” Bulls vice president of basketball operations John Paxson said.

”We know that those attributes, along with his honed skills, will make him an impact player in this league for years to come. We’re thrilled to keep Zach on this Bulls team moving forward.”

The Bulls acquired LaVine a year ago, as part of the trade that sent Jimmy Butler from Chicago to Minnesota.

”We’re excited now that we get to keep him Cheap Kyle Lauletta Jersey ,” Paxson said.

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster said he is using his legal problems that he feared could cost him his football career this offseason as a learning tool going forward now that he has been cleared of the most serious charges.

Foster spoke to the media on Saturday for the first time since he was charged in April for felony domestic assault and later exonerated when the accuser recanted her story and a judge found no other credible evidence.

"I learned every day I have to go harder at everything I do now to better myself even more," Foster said. "It's like do or die. Just don't mess up. ... It's like how I'm trying to craft my career, I have to craft my life."

Foster spent much of his offseason dealing with legal issues rather than preparing for his second season in the NFL. He was charged in January in Alabama with second-degree marijuana possession. That charge was eventually dismissed after he completed a first-time offender diversion course.

Foster then faced more serious charges for an incident in California in February. He was initially charged in April with felonies for domestic violence, making criminal threats and weapons possession after being accused of beating up his ex-girlfriend.

A judge ruled there was no probable cause on the first two charges after the ex-girlfriend recanted the allegations and the judge found no other evidence to support the charges. The weapons charge was reduced to a misdemeanor and Foster pleaded no-contest to that in June.

He was sentenced to two years' probation, 232 hours of community service, and $235 in fines.

Foster declined to discuss specifics of the case on Saturday and is just thankful to be back with his teammates on the field.

"It made me appreciate football a lot better," he said. "It was crazy knowing that football could be gone. Just being back on this field with my brothers and these coaches is a blessing."

Foster missed about a month of the offseason program while dealing with the legal issues and will also be suspended without pay for the first two games of the regular season for violating the NFL's conduct and substance-abuse policy.

He is able to take part in training camp and play the exhibition games, but must sit out San Francisco's games against Minnesota and Detroit before being allowed to return on Sept. 17 before the Niners play Kansas City.

"It was painful," Foster said of the punishment. "It's football Authentic Justus Annunen Jersey , something I do, something I love. It is what it is. Accept the consequences, you take it and you move on. You learn from it, too, and you grow from it."

The 49ers stood behind Foster even as he was not allowed at the facility. But coach Kyle Shanahan and general manager John Lynch have made clear that Foster must get his life in order and avoid further legal trouble if he wants to remain part of the organization.

"I think Reuben's done a great job just handling it," Shanahan said. "What they originally charged him with is as bad of a thing as you can imagine. It's a very embarrassing thing because of how bad it was. To have all that scrutiny on you and to have to go through that, I think would be a challenge for any human being. That would mess a lot of people up.

"I've been really, very impressed with Reuben in how he handled it, the process he went through while it was going on and after it got dropped Adidas Filip Forsberg Jersey , how he's handled himself since. I know he learned a lot through it. We talked about it a lot at the beginning, that some things seem so bad but if you get through it, it can be a good thing in the long run. If you handle it right, it can enlighten you in some things and help you grow. I really think it has for Reuben and I think it's benefited him in the long run."

Foster said he appreciated the support, especially from teammates who came to court in a public show of support. One of those teammates was Richard Sherman, who barely knew Foster after signing with the team in March.

Sherman and Foster now have lockers next to each other.

"That's real. He's a man for that," Foster said of Sherman coming to court in April. "I respect Richard Sherman for that, coming to court and supporting me. Just being there for me at the hard times."

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]